AV Makers Need To Focus On Safety & Security
By Mat Dirjish
Seemingly a no-brainer, a Transparency Market Research report cites safety and security as the major points autonomous-vehicle (AV) makers need to focus on if they are to be successful in the market. The research firm attributes current and future AV market growth to the development of advanced technologies and growing demand for intelligent driving solutions.
As per the “Self-driving Car Market” report, the market may proceed at an 89% CAGR during the forecast period from 2019 to 2030. The researchers also see the growing demand for fuel-efficient vehicles and driver preference a relaxed and effortless driving experience pushing the market to surpass $40 billion by the end of 2030. Impedances that hamper growth include weak security and safety features.
Other report findings include:
- Internet of Things (IoT) is the core technology propelling growth of the global AV market.
- Hybrid vehicles will be a dominant segment in the fuel type category.
- Cameras dominate the hardware category of the AV market.
Other market drivers include:
- Data connectivity technologies like Wi-Fi, 5G, and various other modes of connectivity.
- Improving sensor quality.
Ready to leave the driving to your vehicle? Then checkout the “Self-driving Car Market” report for more details.
Stay ahead of the wave of automotive applications and market research/news by signing up for Sensors Daily Newsletters. It’s free, fast, and incredibly easy. And for a media kit offering unique and effective sponsorship opportunities, contact Michael Mitchell via email.