Ir Detector Market Gaining Ground
By Mat Dirjish
MarketsandMarkets says the infrared (Ir) detector market could grow from $498 million in 2020 to $683 million by 2025. Not a particularly mind-blowing figure or quantum leap, but significant none the less. According to the research firm’s report, “Infrared Detector Market by Type, Technology, Wavelength, Application, Vertical, and Geography – Global Forecast to 2025”, the market is likely to grow at a CAGR of 6.5%.
Factors driving market expansion include high demand for Ir detectors in nonindustrial verticals, particularly for people and motion sensing, temperature measurement, and security and surveillance applications. Other factors include the use of infrared technology for gas analysis and fire detection, and escalating popularity of uncooled Ir detectors.
Other notable points include:
- Pyroelectric infrared detector segment to hold largest share of infrared detector market, by type, in 2020.
- Market for (NIR) and short-wave infrared (SWIR) detectors to grow at highest CAGR during forecast period.
- North America to hold largest share of infrared detector market by 2020.
- Europe is expected to account for the second-largest share.
- Top OEMS in the Ir detector market are Excelitas Technologies (US), Nippon Ceramic (Japan), Hamamatsu Photonics (Japan), Murata Manufacturing (Japan), FLIR Systems (US), Texas Instruments (US), OMRON Corporation (Japan), InfraTec (Germany), and Lynred (France).
Need to detect more data and greater knowledge of the Ir detector market? Then browse the “Infrared Detector Market” report.
Stay ahead of the wave of new products, services, applications, and changing markets by signing up for Sensors Daily Newsletters. It’s free, fast, and incredibly easy. And for a media kit containing unique and effective sponsorship opportunities, contact Michael Mitchell via email.