Low-Noise SSRs Exploit SCR Technology
By Mat Dirjish
Sensata Technologies’ low noise (LN) series panel-mount, solid-state relays (SSRs) rely on silicon-controlled rectifier (SCR) technology, which allegedly enables quieter operation, longer life, and precise switching control. Suitable for use in professional food equipment and commercial, industrial, and home appliances, the LN SSRs comply with C-UL-US, TUV, IEC 60947-4-3 Environment B and CISPR 11 requirements.
The series provides reliable back-to-back SCR switching up to 75A at 528 Vac. Other features include:
- Zero Voltage Turn-On Switching
- IP20 touch-safe housing is available
- I/O over-voltage protection
- LED input status indicator
- 3.5 kVac optical isolation
- EMC compliance to level III
- Available with standoffs for PCB mounting
To learn more, pay a visit to the LN Series product page. Learn even more by signing up for Sensors Daily Newsletters. It’s free, fast, and incredibly easy. Also, review past issues at the Sensors Daily Update Archive. And for a media kit offering unique and effective sponsorship opportunities, contact Michael Mitchell via email.