3D Sensors Gaining Ground In More Applications
By Mat Dirjish
In a world that’s embracing artificial intelligence, virtual and augmented reality, and machine learning on a grand scale, it should be obvious that a primary component of these applications, the 3D sensor, is and will be in high demand. Corroborating that speculation, market-analysis firm Research Dive reports the 3D sensor market is ripe to generate a revenue of $11,276.8 million by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 28%. The analysts see the growing demand for enhanced vision and virtual reality in gaming as a few top market drivers.
Market Insights & Visions
- Increasing use of 3D sensor technology in the various sectors include notebooks, smart mobiles, gaming, consumer electronics, and security and surveillance.
- Impedance to market growth is mainly the cost of 3D sensors.
- Image sensors are set to generate a revenue of $4,475.5 million by 2026.
- Market for accelerometers is set to reach $2,187.7 million by 2026.
- Time-of-flight technology segment will witness significant growth.
- Wired segment accounts for the highest market share in 2018.
- Market for wireless set for notable growth.
- Consumer electronics to dominate during the forecast period.
- Top 3D sensor market players include Infineon Technologies AG, KEYENCE Corp., Sony Depthsensing Solutions SA/NV, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., Microchip Technology Inc., Occipital, Inc., Samsung, OmniVision Technologies, Inc., COGNEX Corp., LMI Technologies Inc., and PMD Technologies ag.